New American Standard Bible
It is good to give thanks to the Lord
And to sing praises to Your name, Most High;
To declare Your goodness in the morning
And Your faithfulness by night,
- During the Thanksgiving season we focus on our blessings and express our gratitude. But thanks should be on our lips every day – all year long. We can never say thank you enough to family, friends, leaders, and especially to God
- As thanksgiving becomes part of your everyday life, your attitude will change. You will become more positive, gracious, loving, and humble
Thanksgiving for the Lord’s Favor.
I will give You thanks with all my heart;
I will sing Your praises before the gods. I will bow down toward Your holy temple
And give thanks to Your name for Your mercy and Your truth;
For You have made Your word great according to all Your name. On the day I called, You answered me;
You made me bold with strength in my soul.
- Thanksgiving should be a part of our praise to God
- Thank Him for material blessings, spiritual blessings, answered prayers, protection, strength, comfort, patience, and love
- Make a list of all the gifts God has given you, giving thanks to God for each one
Always giving thanks for all things in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to our God and Father;
- When you feel down, you may find it difficult to give thanks
- Thank God not for your problems, but for the strength he is giving you, the hope he is giving you, and that fact that he never leaves you and his love will see you through.
1 Thessalonians 5:18
In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus.
- We do not need to thank God for everything that happens to us, but thank God in everything / every season
- When bad things come, be thankful for God’s presence. Be thankful for your faith. He is your rock, shield, fortress, strength, comfort, peace
1 Chronicles 16: 8 & 34
8…Give thanks to the Lord, call upon His name;
Make His deeds known among the peoples.
34…Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good;
For His faithfulness is everlasting.1 Chronicles 16:8-36 – Psalm of Thanksgiving
- Four elements of true thanksgiving are in this song — remembering what God has done, telling others, showing God’s glory to others, and offering gifts
- If you are truly thankful, your life will show it